10 Tips For First Time Buyers
|Re/Max Twin City Realty Inc. Brokerage
INDEPENDENTLY OWNED & OPERATED
515 Park Road North,
Brantford, ON N3R 7K8
Office: (519) 759-5494
Toll Free: (888) 759-5494
Fax: (519) 756-9012
|1. Be picky, but don't be unrealistic. There is no perfect home; almost perfect, but usually not quite.
2. Do your homework before you start looking. Decide specifically what features you want in a home
and which are most important to you.
3. Get your finances in order. Review your credit report and be sure you have enough money to cover
your down payment and your closing costs
4. Don't wait to get a loan. Talk to a lender and get pre-qualified for a mortgage before you start
5. Don't ask too many people for opinions. It will drive you crazy. Select one or two people to turn to if
you feel you need a second opinion.
6. Decide when you could move. When is your lease up? Are you allowed to sublet? How tight is the
rental market in your area?
7. Think long-term. Are you looking for a starter house with the idea of moving up in a few years or do
you hope to stay in this home longer? This decision may dictate what type of home you'll buy as well as
type of mortgage terms that suit you best.
8. Don't let yourself be house poor. If you max yourself out to buy the biggest home you can afford,
you'll have no money left for maintenance or decoration or to save money for other financial goals.
9. Don't be naive. Get a home inspection.
10. When is a good time to buy a home? NOW!
Call Shirley Lawrence at (519) 759-5494.
Buying a home, especially a first home, is very exciting, stressful, fun and nerve wracking all at the same
an overwhelming experience! You need to have someone you can relate to; someone who will take a
little of the stress
away, so you can enjoy the experience.
Shirley Lawrence pledges to not just sell you a home, but to give you an education in the
buying process. Choose an experienced team who will help you every step of the way.