Map of Ancestral Villages
Click on the map to learn about another village
Jastrzebie, powiat of Swiecie
The "nest" of the Topoliñskis
"Formerly Jastrzembie, in the days of the Teutonic Knights, Jestersheym; in 1874, Falkenhorst, in Swiecie county. Together with the Brzeczek mill, it comprises an area of 3983 morgs [2513 acres], 22 buildings, 14 houses; with 114 Catholics and 36 Protestants. It is a part of Drzycim parish, the elementary school is in Lniano, and the post office is in Brunstplatz. Jastrzebie was founded in 1360 under the name Jestersheim. It was a peasant village in the days of the Teutonic Knights, where we read in their chronicles: 'Jesdersheym (Jastschembie) hat 30 huben, davon hat der scholcze 3 frey, von den andern czinsen sie von itizlicher huben 1/2 margk und 2 huner uff Martini. Das ist mittenanderwuste.'" [Translation of the German is forthcoming].
Slownik Geograficzny, Vol. 3, p. 503.